To expedite your check-in process, a Health History Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. Please contact us at 817-860-9933 if you have not received a call within 48 hours of surgery date.
Please note that our Business Office Staff will call you the day before your surgery to verify your contact information and go over any charges you may incur through the facility. If you have not received a call by the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 817-860-9933 between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Texas Health Surgery Center Arlington is able to perform out patient surgery on patients with a known Latex Allergies. If you have ever been diagnosed by a physician or had any reaction to a product containing Latex contact the surgery center as soon as possible. There are necessary arrangements that have to be made prior to your surgery in order to provide the safest environment possible during your procedure. Latex Allergy Forms
Food and Drink – Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your surgery. If your surgery is scheduled for late afternoon you may contact the facility for additional instructions.
Alcohol – Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
Smoking – No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry) – Please remove all these items before surgery.
Clothing – Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Valuables – Please leave ALL valuables at home. Completely empty pockets of all personal items.
Pre-Operative Instruction Form
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring – Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, medication list including herbal and over the counter with dosages, numbers and addresses.
- Driver – You must plan to have someone drive you home. DO NOT plan to use taxis or other public transportation. Drivers are encouraged to remain at the facility.
- Escort – A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian – A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children – If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter – If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 817-860-9933 as soon as possible.